Old December 8th 09, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
chris mckinnell

Default Jade Appraisal

I was in rural China in 1988, had time to visit a Jade factory. Was
advised they only worked in high quality "Burma" Jade.
After the visit I was able to obtain a few pieces that I have enjoyed
these many years. I am now looking to down size and want to sell in a
market where the uniqueness and apparent quality will bring the best
price .
The items range from a work that is translucent and gray to light
green in color , it stands about 12" tall and is hollow , inside it is
half filled with liquid.
I was told this is very rare as it was captured at the time the Jade
was formed.
Saw a piece half the size and similar sold in China in USD back then
for $8000.00 how can I determine the potential of this and the others.
If pictures would help I would be happy to post
Chris