Old March 19th 09, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA[_2_]

Default What Have I Done?

On Mar 18, 8:12*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
A wallhanging? *Me? *No way.
* * I've always thought of quilts as treasures for wrapping around and
comforting.
* * I've never particularly understood art quilts or had any enthusiasm for
a modern, contemporary sort of abstract.
* * Nope. Not me. *You all just carry on and I'll cheer you on but the
concepts escape me.
* * I made a string quilt. *Began with square muslin blocks. *Laid a red
strip on the diagonal and wandered off with warm colors in one direction and
blues/cools in the other. *Just using scraps. *Diminishing the scrap bin.
That's all.
* * Put it on the design wall.
* * * * It's wonderful. *It's gorgeous. *I can Not bring me to continue to
turn it into a bed cover. *It needs its own wall just for being admired,
considered, thought about. *I have created a wall hanging. *Now what do I
do? *I'm not in Kansas anymore. *Polly

So where are the pictures of what sounds like a truly yummy creation?!
And of course you're not in KS, your address is in Missippi!! Silly
girl. grin

TerriLee in WA (state)
http://community.webshots.com/user/tlbishop