Old June 3rd 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Sewing without a serger

Brenna23 wrote:
Just recently my serger broke and I haven't gotten around to fixing it
with superglue. Anyways, what are some good ways to bind the seams or
cover them so that they aren't exposed on the inside?

Also, what is couture sewing?

Brenna

Here are some easy finishes for seams:
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co...._finishing.htm

This will tell you a little more about the term couture, and what Haute
Couture really means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haute_couture

To discover some more about the whole idea and the sewing techniques
used, you could go a long way and do worse than invest in this book:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/09...pt#reader-link

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!