Old December 20th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default On 't' and OT (knitting and groaning)

Wow, The Other Kim !!!
How fruitful you are , i can`t knit so quickly also i sew , embroider
crochet weave Art projects , and have only the 2 hands. I am lately
quite busy repairing clothes , mainly for me, thus not much time to
knit for others.
mirjam

Noreen wrote:

ON t: I've got two shawls on the needles as well as a pair of
socks~!~
OT: I am SO upset with my ungrateful mother who was totally
unappreciative regarding a felted bag/pursette I included in her box
of
Christmas gifts.
Noreen
who has a monster headache.

So sorry about the MIL. Ungratefulness is precisely why I have only
ever made my husband one item in all the years we've been together, and
he knows it.

OTOH, this year I decided to make gifts for just about everyone else.
My family does a gift exchange with folks back home in Wisconsin, and
they all love when I get their names; they know it's gonna be something
nice and usually hand knit. This year I went one better. I made a
felted bag for one aunt Kathy (I have 3 aunts Kathy) and a wool scarf
for my uncle Gus; these are the two whose names I had. There is one
couple, my uncle Jim and aunt Kathie (this is #2, even if it's spelled
wrong g), for whom I've never made anything. I made Jim a blue wool
scarf, and I made a lacy leaf scarf for Kathie in a nice forest green.
I know everyone will love what I made them.

I made a purple and turquoise felted bag for my SIL Cyndi, the Branching
Out scarf in purple for my sister Kellie, and a jacket for my mom. I'm
currently working on a jacket for my dad, and I hope to have it done
before we do the family gift exchange around New Year's; I had to order
the yarn I wanted, and by the time the yarn was in I had misplaced the
magazine with the pattern, so I just got started on it this past
weekend. If I had more time I'd whip up another bag for my niece and
something for my brother and BIL, but they'll have to wait :-)

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom