Old December 20th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default On 't' and OT (knitting and groaning)

Aha Wooly i sure wish i was as brave at the time , with my late MIL ,
She had some `special remarks ` as well.
mirjam

On 19 Dec 2006 08:49:35 -0800, "Katherine"
wrote:

LOL How hateful of her! And I wish you HAD done that. g

My MIL is the master of backhanded compliments and other "polite"
sorts of insults.

I've got a lump of coal for her, and I have a receipt to prove it's
purchased and not scrounged. I hit the most expensive jewelry store
in town and bought one of their very nice boxes. I bought a single
sheet of handmade paper to wrap the box with, and I've used bits of
dirty wool to pad the coal so it doesn't rattle in the box.

I'm tucking *all* the receipts - coal, box, paper - into the box, too.

Maybe she'll shut up now...