Old August 21st 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
B Vaughan

Default Padding Cord for Irish Crochet?

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:31:10 -0400, kmd wrote:

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:04:38 -0000, (Richard Eney)
wrote:

In article ,
kmd wrote:
Anyone know if/where I can buy this?

I know that some experienced folks just use 3-4 strands of thread held
together, but I'm hoping that an actual cord exists somewhere that I
can buy while I'm learning. I figure that would be a whole lot easier
to ease into, then work my way up to home-grown cord.

Try looking in the upholstery section of the fabric store. There
ought to be cord sold for making piping along the edges of cushions.
Another option: cotton yarns. Perle cotton comes in many colors
and thicknesses.

Hmmm ... upholstery cord sounds like a good plan. Thanks!

Interesting... I've just decided to try some Irish crochet. I have two
books I bought in Ireland. I bought no. 5 perle crochet to use as my
padding stitch, and no. 40 for the actual crocheting.

I just got back from vacation; I was going to try the Irish crochet
while away, but with one thing and another, I never got around to it.

--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.