Old February 11th 04, 12:11 PM
Kandice Seeber

Well, it makes sense...however, art is completely subjective. There are no
two beads exactly alike, so it's harder to price fix. Computer parts and
insurance plans may vary form place to place, but have generally
identifiable values. A set of lampwork art beads can be seen as ugly and
worthless by one person and beautiful and worth a lot to another. Quality
is an issue, but is only part of the equation. And ebay is still a
capitalist environment. You absolutely cannot enforce or even imply a
general price fix on anything - even things which are the same.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

If someone makes a professional product, I consider them professionals.
That's why I differentiated between them and beginners/hobbyists. I'm
obviously referring to the a level of expertise as opposd to how much

money
someone is making.

And frankly, I looked at Wet Canvas and went to some of the bead site of

the
people making comments. Not all of them made nice beads.

Tina

Sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick..

If the Quality is the same (not so likely comparing beginners/hobbyists to
professionals) then the value should surely be similar.. Having said
this, I agree that not so nice beads should not be priced anywhere near
the professionally made/quality made beads. They are simply not the same
product, hence, not worth the same $ value.

The extra $ worth I was talking about was if the bead was under-valued
when put up for sale - Not as compared to a professionally made bead.

Hope this makes better sense..

Mavis