Old January 19th 04, 06:27 AM
Jenn Liace

On 19 Jan 2004 03:51:53 GMT, S (Karen C -
California) wrote:

I would get the K-Mart flannel nightgown for Christmas, while here
other DIL and SIL would get beautiful gifts.

Yep. XMIL would buy her own children expensive gifts, and even SIL's live-in
got expensive gifts, and I got whatever could be found for under $5. Now,
granted, I made good use of the Woolworth's stationery, but wasn't I even worth
the $10 box from Hallmark? I was also the only one who never got a birthday
present.

Boy does this sound familiar. I've gotten nothing at all ffrom the
STBXH or his parents for the past 3 years. (His SIL did get me a
stuffed animal one year, whoopeee) My daughters have gotten one
single toy purchased at a dollar store each of those years, while
their cousins by the eldest son have gotten several outfits each plus
3-4 "higher end" toys (name brands, current editions - Heather got a
Harry Potter & Sorcerer's Stone figurine AFTER Chamber released, for
example). One of those years, in fact, my daughters' single packages
were wrapped in Bounty paper toweling while the cousins' gifts were in
foil embossed papers.

If money were an issue for his parents and if all of the kids were
treated remotely evenly, i would have had no problem with dollar store
castoffs and shall we say creative wrapping. But Angelo and Isabella
are so blatantly and repeatedly favored over Heather and Missy that
even Missy at 5 years old and classified as developmentally disabled
could tell that she was getting short shrift. It should be absolutely
no surprise to STBXH or his parents that my children don't want to
spend time with them - yet I'm somehow a bad mother for forcing my
kids to go to his family's get together and be embarrased and shorted
yet again.

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Simply Sensational January Calendar (Mill Hill)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)