Old April 14th 04, 10:54 PM
Adrian Brentnall

Default cutting circles out of glass - tips ?

Hi All

Fresh from my success with the big (to me!) stained glass window ...
- the new project requires me to cut a hole out of a piece of 'art'
glass.

The hole needs to be circular - and in the region of 1" to 2.5"
diameter...

I have the Morton hole-cutter attachment - and have become reasonably
good at cutting circular pieces of glass with it - but in this case i
want to end up with the 'negative' of this .

I can make the circular score - no problem. It's geting the piece of
scrap glass out of the middle of the hole without losing/cracking the
main piece that's causing me problems.

Anybody prepared to share their special tips, please ?
(And, no, I don't expect it to be as easy as in the movies! g)

Thanks in advance
Adrian
Suffolk UK