Old October 18th 03, 08:09 PM
Tink

I just spent three months researching a shopping for exactly what you
describe. A lot depends upon what your budget is.

You might want to check out the following sites:
http://www.dpreview.com
http://www.steves-digicams.com

Great reviews can be found there! As for me, I had it narrowed down to a
Nikon CoolPix 5400 and an Olympus Camedia 5050. I went with the Olympus.

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

"Gennie" wrote in message
Hi,
Would anyone mind recommending (or warning against) a digital camera that

is
suitable for photographing beads and jewelry up close? I'd also like to be
able to use it for just general purpose family photos too. I've looked and
looked... in stores and online and it just gets more confusing. It would

be
a heartbreaker to get one home and not be able to take good jewelry

pictures
with it.
I would appreciate any advice you can give me.
Thanks,
Gennie
www.heartstrungbeads.com