Old November 17th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Fred Zweig

Default Use of extremely fine drawplate

On Nov 16, 11:32=EF=BF=BDam, lemelman wrote:
Fred Zweig wrote:

....snip

I may not need to draw
the wire to the smallest hole on the plate since I intend to use the
wire for damascene work known as zogan by the japanese. The wire used
in this work is extremely fine and I suspect I can get my wire down to
adequate dimensions with you handy advice.

Many thanks,
Fred

Fred, just for interest, what is the diameter (in mm or inches - I don't
understand gauges) you want?

--
Regards, Gary Wooding

Gary,

I will be attempting to do some very fine zogan work (Japanese
damascene) in iron and the wire needs to be much thinner than a single
strand of lamp cord wire. I am not certain what the thickness would
be in millimeters. I have seen the rolls used in the Japanese work
and it appears not much thicker than sewing thread.

Best,
Fred