Old March 7th 04, 01:30 AM
Durga Marino

I had never made a quilt... only made a few crazy quilt squares , some free
form quilting, and one or two traditional blocks before and was really
interested in landscape quilting and doing art quilts. I found the internet
class to be as good as if I had a private instructor. You can see some of my
works in progress on my web page at
www.geocities.com/ogabes/Anitas_page.html These are really the only things
I have done. There were perhaps 50-70 people in the class, many from the UK
as well as many European countries and many students from the U.S. I have
signed up for a more advanced class this time to begin later on this month
and can hardly wait.

"Patti" wrote in message
Hullo Durga and welcome
As you are a real beginner (your words!), can I ask whether you found
the class at Quilt University was pitched at your level of expertise?
We have quite a few folk on here who are new to quilting, and they do
not always have the opportunity to go to classes near where they live.
If you found that the QU class was suited to your needs, perhaps we
could recommend that avenue to these folk who ask how to begin?
.
In article , Durga Marino
writes
I just signed up for this newsgroup and wanted to say hello. Have been
quilting only about 6 months and have done mostly crazy quilt squares,

free
form quilting, and landscape quilting. I took a class at Quilt University
which was really great and am totally addicted to quilting. I signed up

for
another one later on this month. It's nice to find so many people

involved
in so many different aspects of quilting.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill