Old April 13th 04, 08:56 PM
Dezignaré

It seems you are set on blinds or shades, but you might consider sheer
drapery panels for the actual window area to let in lots of light, with
heavier side panels hanging off rings from a decorative iron rod. Fabrics,
especially those with the beautiful patterns so indicative of the period,
add much warmth and interest to the very straight lines of Arts and Crafts
furnishings.

Hanging decorative arts and crafts stained glass panels over the existing
windows is another option that will allow plenty of light and create a
beautiful focal point. But, this may depend on whether or not you have a
view you wish to obscure or enhance.

We also suggest you visit
http://www.dezignare.com/libary/libr...ts&Crafts.html where you will
find, in some instances, virtual tours of historical structures built
during the time, which will help you find the appropriate solution.

"MAK" wrote in message
om...
Hello,
As a new member of this group, I'm looking forward to the threads
here. We have our master bedroom decorated in Mission Oak and are
looking to add some window treatments. Our primary considerations
are light (only 2 windows, but they both face East - not *our*
idea!), style (want to stay as close to traditional as possible), and
functionality (ease of use and maintenance, etc.)

So here are my questions:

1. What suggestions does anyone have on appropriate window
treatments, given these criteria? We're looking at both venetian
wood blinds and roman shades.

2. Does the slat width (wood blinds) or # folds (roman shades) have
a bearing on the Arts & Crafts or Mission style?

3. What about inside the frame vs. outside mounting of either?
Which would be more in keeping with the style? Which would eliminate
the most light? We have cranks on the windows - does that make a
difference? What affect would outside mounting have on how far out
curtains would go (I'd like to make some tab curtains). There's a
narrow aisle in front of one of the windows.

4. If we go with the wood blinds, would you recommend wide or narrow
slats? Light is the biggest consideration here, but also aesthetics.

Thanks in advance for your opinions on these!