Old October 4th 17, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default Nordic Needle

On 9/27/2017 11:15 AM, Violet Stitches wrote:
On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 2:58:09 PM UTC-5, sharoncapps wrote:

I'm 44 and all of my friends think stitching is an "old lady hobby."
Hey, I started stitching when I was 10! In our county fair they've done
away with the needlework category entirely because no one enters anymore.

Yeah, ours has really gone downhill, too. With a 1st prize of $3,
though, it's not much of an incentive when it costs $5 to get into the fair!

I'm going to see if I can't get the category reopened next year though,
and submit some of my stuff...not to win ribbons, but to show people
stitching is NOT an old lady art. Especially with all the cool patterns
and hand-dyed fabrics/threads these days. Or maybe I'm just a dreamer.

Speaking of cool patterns, one of the ones I picked up on Thursday was a
set of the fractal bookmarks. I've drooled over those fractals since
they first came out!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures