Old January 4th 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

Default Log Cabin Quilt

Kate, I'd probably go with 1-1/2 inch strips to make a 13-1/2 inch
finished block. As for colors, if I asked DH, he'd probably say blues or
blues and browns. I'm picturing fall colors, though - maybe a brick or
burnt orange color for the center square with off-white and gold-yellows
on the light side and dark green and browns and reds on the dark side.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Kate T. wrote:
I've never made this quilt and need some help.

I want to make a queen log cabin and don't know what size block to
make. I got a fella in mind that just built a log cabin and want to
give it to him.

any suggestions on block size and colors.

Any of you gentlemen quilters have any suggestions for me.

Kate T. South Mississippi