Old June 17th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
plumclaysie

Default Polymer Clay CD-having a sale!

On Jun 16, 10:29 pm, CindyB wrote:
How detailed are your instructions? Is it a video of you actually
doing the techniques?

I'm very new to polymer clay and not having much luck. I seem to be
all thumbs.

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 07:00:12 -0700, plumclaysie

wrote:
Hi everyone,
I would like to invite you again to look at my website:
http://www.simplyornaments.com

I am having a special sale to celebrate my birthday which is on July
7. My son pointed out that it would be 07/07/07 and that I should do
something special so I am having a sale for a limited time. If you
enjoy working with polymer clay and need new ideas, please take a
look. Also, I would to say that the projects are all my own creations-
I did not copy and paste other artist's work from the web. I took
every picture , wrote every word and put the entire CD together
myself.

Thank-you to everyone who has already purchased my CD. I appreciate
all your e-mails telling me how much you enjoy it. If you have any
questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

If you have problems with the website, let me know and I will try to
correct it. This is my first website and I am open to any and all
suggestions.

Thank-you very much everyone!

plumclaysie- Hide quoted text -

Hi Cindy B,
My instructions are very detailed and have step by step pictures. If
you go to the website: http://www.simplyornaments.com , I have 2
excerpts from the CD. I do not have any video on the CD. One of the
things I have always told my students ( who have ranged from age 3 on
up ) is to practice making the basic shapes. I would suggest going to
your local craft store and getting a box of Super Sculpey and just
practice. Get to know the feel of the clay . Be sure to condition the
clay first by just kneading it for a few minutes until it softens up a
bit. Try making some simple ornaments and figurines. Just use the one
color clay so you can use it over and over until you feel comfortable
enough to try colors. I sell my Christmas ornaments at craft shows and
people always ask me how I get my ornaments to look the same and my
answer is always: 35 years of practice. My first work did not look
like the work I do today. So play around with the clay a bit just to
get to know it. It is worth the effort. Polymer clay is the most
versatile medium in the art world--in my opinion. I love working with
it and so will you.

Maria