Old March 4th 11, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
1 Lucky Texan

Default I need Info

On Feb 27, 11:45 am, "The Lurch" wrote:
I'd like to get into crafting and shaping stones (not diamonds, but semi
precious and such)

Where does one get the necessary equipment to cut, shape and polish stones
and rocks?

If this all works out, I'll send a few pictures of the stuff I've completed.
--

Edmond "The Lurch" Kida

Idiot's Lunchbox Productions

Many people make their own equipment, and there is a lot of used
equipment around now. Companies like Lortone, Graves, Gryphon, Diamond
Pacific, Raytech make equipment. 1 or 2 of those may have been bought
out or eliminated some product lines. There are newer companies making
limited product lines. (Lot-O-Tumbler for instance).

Check Ebay, Craigslist and your local Gem&Mineral Club for used
equipment. check http://www.amfed.org/ for clubs and shows near you.
(if you are in the US)

There may be DIY instructions for equipment at ehow or
instructables.com .There are probably some interesting Youtube videos
for you as well.

good luck