Old February 28th 11, 06:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Jim

Default I need Info

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 09:45:29 -0800, "The Lurch"
discovered a keyboard and, for our edification and amusement,
submitted

I'd like to get into crafting and shaping stones (not diamonds, but semi

precious and such)

Where does one get the necessary equipment to cut, shape and polish stones

and rocks?

If this all works out, I'll send a few pictures of the stuff I've completed.

Derpends on where you are. In most metropolitan areas, there are rock
and/or lapidaery clubs for dedicated hobbyists and newcomers to the
art. The members are usually quite willing to share their knowledge,
and most clubs have workshop areas where members can use the basic
machines involved in the art. Usually, the clubs offer lessons in
various procedures, and almost certainly will have basic classses in
rock cutting, lapidary, and faceting.
Check round in your area -- you'd be suirprised at what you might
find!
Jim