Old May 24th 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses

Default Seeking Other Doll House Lovers

I am 35 and the mother of a 10 1/2 year old son. a lover of dolls and
puppets and doll houses all of my life I saved and recently invested an
insane amount of money onm my dream house with furnishings and dolls
and other amazing little accessories. I am so excited but at the same
time I feel so guilty about spending so much on such a childish
indulgence.... I do not have a daughter but believe my son will have
some fun with this set up too and one day I will hand it down to him to
give to his future daughter. I in my mind have justified this whole
venture with the excuse that it will be family heirloom love for
generations but while that is in part truely a wish of mine, I want to
play like a five year old. Just becuase I got older didn't mean I lost
any of my imagination. My husband, my mother in law and my male friend
all think I've wasted my money foolishly (I spent approx. $700 and I'm
not a wealthy woman (It took several months to save this up) total but
my own mother and a good female friend believe that it's worth it if
I'll really enjoy it.... I figure you only live once and I've wanted it
for years. I still feel a bit guilty though. My used car cost as much.

I'd love to hear from others.

Thank you!

I made a fun little website just for my own amusement and to show a
friend in another state who wanted to see photos. Please tell me what
you think.

http://melsdollhouse.tripod.com/

Thank you!

Melody