Old August 23rd 10, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default Realizing I should have taken up a different hobby

Lordy, it gives me a hot flash just thinking about it. Maybe you could
make him see reason: cushy fleece backing on a "real" pieced cotton
top!
Roberta in D

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:52:20 -0700 (PDT), Sunny
wrote:

The first truly quilted thing I made was a 'quilt' for my oldest son.
I used the yellow brick road pattern and had him pick out about 10
different patterns of fleece. It's huge. I made it long enough and
wide enough for him to roll completely up in, head and toes included
(he's 6'3"). I backed it with another layer of fleece and went to work
quilting in the ditch. That thing weighs about 50 pounds.

So now it's starting to succumb to all kinds of abuse and DS wants a
new quilt. This one also two layers of fleece, a 'real' pattern, and
quilted (not tied, as I tried to convince). Oh, and could the new one
be bigger please.

Why didn't I just take up gambling online? Or maybe metal work. Or
bonsai plants????

I'm not sure I'm up for this. I'll be taking the Janome in for a good
going over before starting. And maybe after finishing. Urk.

Sunny