Old January 30th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mag

Default Floss Organizing System ??

On Jan 29, 5:12 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:
I know this has been asked and answered a gazillion times, but I'm dense
and
I never really paid attention.

I got extremely frustrated this afternoon looking for a certain color
of
DMC thread (I never did find it) and I decided it's time to do something
about my messy system.

for, no place for leftover useful bits, not a lot of room for multiple
skeins

bobbins - I admit I never had my entire collection on bobbins. I tried
to start to use this system. Used it with a large project. I hated the
time spent winding onto bobbins. Didn't like the kinks in the floss

What I use now - it's not perfect - but I'm a floss-away bag person -
and Lucille

I have all the regular DMC colors plus extras. All are wrapped on the
smaller of the plastic
bobbins. They all fit in 2 "Jammers" boxes. I learned about the Jammer
boxes right
here on rctn. Apparently designed for a type of small toy car, they are
clear
plastic, double sided and a perfect fit. FWIW

mag