Old January 30th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

Default Floss Organizing System ??

"Karen C in California" wrote in message
Lucille wrote:
My problem is that I have very limited space and the cabinets are just
too big.

That depends on how much floss you have. If you're only separating by
generic color, and not an entire drawer for each number, you can fit
hundreds of skeins in one cabinet, which has a footprint about the size of
a sheet of typing paper. I figure I could stack 6 of them (2Wx3H) in less
room than a standard bookcase, and hold every skein of floss in the house.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 1/19/08 - Sesame Street group picture

WIP: Isabella's Garden, MLI The Teacher (gift to the library),
Bethany Angel, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

That would work very nicely if I had room for a standard bookcase. The
bookshelf that's in that room holds (surprise!) books. The cabinet holds
charts, fabrics, general needlework odds and ends and barely has room for
another strand of thread, no less something big. The only small closet has
all the rest of the needlework supplies and extra pillows and linens.
Obviously this is not a very big room.

Between my toys and Puff's toys, there really isn't much space.

I probably could stack Darice boxes if I got rid of the plastic bags and odd
size boxes that I presently use, so it looks like that's the way I'll have
to go.