Old February 12th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

Default Gauge Poll

skrev i melding
t...
Last November, I stated knitting series of swatches in the same yarn
and
stitch pattern but in with different sized needles. For example, I
would
knit Lion Brand wool in the same stitch on USA size 1, 3, 5, & 7
needles.
then every time I was talking to someone, I would pull the swatches
out and

I cannot give you an exact answer!
It surely depends of the yarn. I knit most often plain wool.
To my opinion each wool stitches shall live and breathe,
but never be flimsy or "lonely"!
They shall "lean" upon eachother and seem to depend of eachother, up and
down and to both sides, but never be squeesed!
Then they insulate best, and the yarn looks at its' best.

Well, now you think I am crazy, and may be that's right! LOL!
I don't think this made much sence to you...but OK!

Aud ;-)