Old July 23rd 03, 07:28 PM
Cathy Collins

Dianne-

I just loved reading your post...it may have been about several different
things, but somehow it just all melts together in a wisdom-filled
sort-a-way. Thanks for that.

By the way, I am a purple-holic too and you're right...you either love it or
hate it, it seems, although there are a lot more purple things to purchase
now than before.

Cathy

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
georg wrote:
One death is one death too many. How about the Iraqis who died by the
thousands?

Yes, but our "general" public doesn't care. They're over there. And
after all, they were behind 9/11. And they're "muslims". (I'm being
facetious. And no, I don't think every single American feels this way -
just the noisy ones).

So my current quickie project is with hand-dyed variated purples over a
Fossil Fern lavender.

Ahhhh, quilting! Jacinta just sent me pictures of my "challenge" page
with the design worked in trapunto. She's going to do another in
English quilting. Don't know what that is, exactly, but I'll find out
soon enough.

Why is it that people either LOVE purple, or hate it? I'm "learning",
very timidly, to like it. Maybe cuz I'm getting more gray? I like it
that my husband is color blind and thinks it is blonde, but when I look
in the mirror, I can't find any light brown/ash blond stuff at the top
and sides anymore. grin

Dianne

A friend of mine is having a rough time, and she
said "I just have to get back up, 'cause I can't quilt lying down." So
I'm doing two of these sayings, and she's going to turn them into
quilted wallhanging. She'll send me one back. Fossil Fern is a trademark
way of making a hand-dyed batik cotton. It ought to be loverly when

done.

-georg