Old January 24th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Attic Windows Quilting

Yes, Jeanne's suggestion is excellent! I
think I will go with that one. I like
that it can be done continuously in each
frame. Your idea of the double needle
for the leading is clever ... I will
have to try that on a scrap to see how
it quilts out. I would not have realized
about the angle, so thanks for the tip.
Doing each scene differently would be
lovely, but would be best with HQ. For
this project I want to do a fast MQ.

Thanks to you, and all who have
answered. PAT

Patti wrote:

The first thought which occurred to me, Pat, was that you don't need to
do the same pattern for each window - if the scenes are different,
different patterns would be lovely, as long as the window frames were
the same.
However, then I thought I had better read the other replies gg and I
really like Jeanne's suggest of leaded windows.
If you do want to do that, remember that the diamonds are not 90°
diamonds - I'd say roughly 60° (not having any in the neighbourhood to
go and measure!). Also, that you could do the leading effect with a
twin needle - 4mm should be OK. 2mm might get lost in the batting and
end up looking like a single line?
It would be impossible (I think) to do this as a continuous line
pattern, though.
On the same theme, but an alternative, you could try spirals in each,
like the bottle glass windows that are found here in old windows. These
could, at least be continuous within each window pane.
.
In message , Pat in Virginia
writes

Hello! My current project is a small WH of Attic Windows. Each block
features a small colonial scenic view. The block, including the
mitered sides measures about 7" x 9". I need suggestions for quilting
the views. I plan to do straight lines on the mitered edges. Opinions
appreciated. TIA, PAT in VA/USA