Old May 1st 05, 05:59 PM
Wooly

Everybody seems to think I'm complaining, which I'm not. I *am*
skeptical for a couple of reasons.

1. The price. This book retails for $50-53 everywhere I've found it.
Ordering from UK doesn't produce any savings because shipping a book
this size is a bit pricy.

2. The website initially told me the book is in stock for immediate
shipment regardless of shipping method but the follow-up "status
report" states they can't ship until the first week of June.

1 combined with 2 makes me think they won't be able to sell me the $36
book and will instead attempt to upsell me in June to the full retail
price. Or, perhaps they're hoping that by delaying shipment I'll
spring for overpriced "urgent" shipping on my dime.

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 00:38:07 GMT, Wooly spewed forth
:

Amazon claims to have Sharon Miller's "Heirloom Knitting" for $36 with
free shipping if you choose "slow boat via Australia and points south"
shipping option.

I just ordered, we'll see if it shows up or if they string me along
for three months before admitting they don't have it at that price.