Old March 28th 06, 07:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Expensive yarns???

15 years ago I put just over $100 into the wools for one sweater, and
it is fabulous! (If I could find one that lovely to purchase I
couldn't afford the price.) I take good care of that sweater, and it
is still beautiful, so I think the price was definitely worth it. My
advice is to purchase the very best yarns you can find, make something
classic, and take care of it. You won't regret it!

That being said, I do use acrylic yarns for babies and small children,
because machine wash and dry is definitely the way to go for busy moms.
Just don't use cheap acrylics!