Old March 28th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Expensive yarns???

I have moved up to the more expensive yarns since my knitting has
improved a bit. I just purchased 3 balls of wool blend yarn for $40 to
make a single scarf for my oldest daughter. I rec'd a cashmere scarf
for Christmas, two years ago, and it had the tag on it for $29.99. It
is very nice looking and wonderful to the touch.

It seems, to me anyway, that the non-acrylic yarns are all a bit too
expensive. With so many yarn competitors in the market I am surprised
at the high cost. Am I being to cheap or what?

I have raised sheep on the farm and I have an inkling of how much a
pound of wool costs to raise and, well it all seems way too much!
Perhaps, I should return to the farm and raise wool myself, eh?

Padishar Creel

My masculinity isn't hinged on whether or not I knit. - Robin Green and
Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure, Hello, I Love You, 1994