Old September 25th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
samanta2000

Default how do I thread it?

samanta2000 had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/textiles/Re-...d-it-1463-.htm :

Amy Stinson wrote:

Generally speaking the thread starts from the spool, goes through a
guide, then through the tension discs, then perhaps through a guide,
then through the uptake eye, then through a guide, then through the eye

of the needle which is normally left to right. You know when it's
threaded right when it sews right.

"djw" wrote in message
oups.com:

I got a Kenmore Md 158.1792280 in the dump. It appears to work but
have no idea how to thread it. The bobbin is in and loaded
already. I
looked online for a manual with no luck so far. Can you help me
and
give me an idea how to do it. I have an old American standard
machine I
have to hand thread. I assume that this Kenmore auto threads but
how do
I start that process?
Thank you
DJW

Here is a place where you can get a a
href="http://gotoes.org/sales/FreeThreadDiagramKenmore158.htm"free threading
diagram/a for that machine.

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3627 messages and counting!