Old October 20th 05, 06:29 PM
Polly Esther

Default In the long run

Butterfly, if you're going to give us these "uphill, both ways, through 3
feet of snow" tales, you just must get it right. You do not *pick* taters.
You dig 'em. You can pick cotton. =) Polly

"Butterfly" wrote in message
Whole lot---if it's rough to the touch it does NOT get used. My fingers
deserve better than that : )
Had enuf handling burlap bags growing up--they were great for pickin
taters ; )

Butterfly (Yes, I had clothes made from feed sacks but then it was the
'honor' of having a NEW dress not a hand-me-down. Think I would have worn
a burlap bag if it was NEW --and I am NOT making fun of anyone....I was #
3 of 3 girls and then the boys came and then more girls and then)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
There are two 'new to me' fabric manufacturers just joining my stash; one
is Westminster Fibers and the other is J. Wecker-Frisch. They were
ordered online because they were fun bubble prints. Both fabrics feel so
lovely it is hard to put them down. I'm wondering how the feel of fabric
relates to the eventual day-to-day wear and appearance. We'll concede
that any fabric that is poorly woven and coarse to the touch may not
improve through hard wear.
There aren't any heirlooms in progress here and no concern for winning
awards. My concern is making "loved by little ones" and "daddy helping
with the laundry" survival. I think what I'm asking is have you
concluded that the "unwashed" finish matters a whole lot, just a little
or what? Polly