Old December 19th 04, 06:38 PM
Wooly

Make 10" of stockinette fabric, bind off, sew up the side seam and
"fold" the corners in to sort of flatten the top. Add a pom if you're
so inclined.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:56:49 GMT, Joy Hardie
spewed forth :

WOW - After dusting off the Bulky machine yesterday my daugher
impressed us all with whipping out super trendy scarves for all her
girlfriends. Now, she wants to make some kind of hat for the guys on
her list. While my sons and I are "struggling" with a pattern on the
standard machine upstairs for my Mother (we are all sort of beginners
here with limited experience)....she wants to make sure she doesn't
end up with a project like ours that involvs removing onto garter bars
and shaping etc. (we should have read the pattern before we
started....that's what I get for letting the boys pick the project by
the picture). Anyway, she can use either the standard or bulky
punchard and both have ribbers. Any simple - quick- trendy guy
pattern out there?
Thanks a bunch from my daughter!
Joy