Old May 12th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
D Kat

Default ClayArt

That is odd - in my newsreader is R.C.P is being flooded by spam from China
about watches.

Donna

"Elaine Stutt" wrote in message
"D Kat" ) writes:
So what is taking their place? I put up with the clayart format because
of
the people who post there. Viewing on the web for Yahoo and Google is
simply painful. It is so easy to follow threads for this room in my
newsreader and that has been around for decades now. It is a shame that
this room is not utilized more and that it is open to spam - need a
moderated version of this room that can be viewed with a newsreader IMO.
Donna

Yes, I quite like my antiquated newsreader. It's a lot faster than
reading the list that I read via Yahoo. I guess people like the fact
that on blogs or proprietary discussions there's space for their
picture or symbol - it's prettier. And, as you mention, a big thing
is having a moderator. Recently r.c.p. has little need for a moderator
as there's been little spam or flaming. Unfortunately getting a set-up
for moderating and a person/committee of persons willing to do moderating
over a long period of time is not easy.

Elaine

"Elaine Stutt" wrote in message
"D Kat" ) writes:
Has anyone had luck with clayart yet? And what has happened to this
room?
Donna

Don't know about Clayart but it seems that all the newsgroups are
quite. Old technology?

Elaine