Old May 19th 11, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Facebook is working a treat for RCTQ!!

MMmmm, yes. What Kim said. So very Good to hear from you Jeanne. Polly

"AuntK" wrote in message
On May 18, 7:48 pm, "J*" wrote:
i have no probs with privacy as i'm using my @yahoo email addy and i dont
have that showing on my page anyhow so no one is bothering me with spam or
whatnot.
i also am not using my real last name there so only those who know my
nickname would be able to find me unless i gave them that info.
so far seems to be working a treat for me and i joined facebook just after
Tim left. i wanted to see the page set up for him by his best friend.
otherwise i'd probably never have got there.
i like it tho. i can keep track of my Sam and his best gal as they travel
the world. they left ten days ago and will be gone for at least a yr from
the sounds of it. lots to see and do. spending about 4 months in SE Asia,
then they want to see nepal, then on to the UK to stay with her family in
Ireland and work perhaps. they both got work permits for Ireland. from
there
they will do parts of Europe too.
i miss him too now. they all leave and i'm here alone all day. it sucks.
(
so i'm online on facebook most of the time along with reading the news and
just surfing in general. :-/ keeps me busy so i dont spend the day in
tears
which could easily happen.

would be nice if more regulars from here could make it to our group on
facebook.
i'm happy to help anyone who comes there to fix their settings for privacy
and emails etc. its pretty simple once you start looking around your
account
settings there. gives you a lot of choices on how you want your own page
set
up.
there is also a separate chat window for RCTQ group that is open all day
and
night...no matter where you are in the world.
hope to see others join us there. holler if you have other concerns about
it.
j. facebook ID is jeanne aka-nzlstar ----see no real last name there.

Jeanne, good to see you back here. We've missed you. I'm not a FB
person as I feel I waste way too much time online as it is. I really
need to be doing other things than enjoyably surfing. Sounds like
your Sam and his girl are having a wonderful 'walkabout'...I'm
envious. If only I were younger!

Not overly concerned about privacy as I'm sure I could work around
that on FB...it's just one more way for me to avoid doing the things I
need to do (gardening, sewing, etc.). DH has a FB page that I can
access if needed but just really not that interested even though tons
of family and friends are there. Email and here are good enough for
me.

Again, good to see you here. Hope you'll pop in more often.

Kim in (rainy) NJ