Old September 3rd 11, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trish Brown

Default Needing some tips about Dear Jane

Steph wrote:
Hi Trish,

Oh - I'm far from finished I have about 90 blocks done and 4
triangles. The hand sewing is slow-going but I really enjoy it. I
work on it at home, but I also make up baggies (with cut fabric and a
picture of the finished block) and sew when I'm traveling or at doc
appointments, etc. I once worked on a very large cross-stitch that
took me 10 years to finish. It was worth the wait - it's lovely and
framed and hanging in my bedroom. I think that this is another
project of love like that one!

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!!

Stephanie

90 blocks done is quite an achievement! Well done!

Yes, another friend has suggested making up plastic sleeves and keeping
each block separately. I'm going to do that as well.

What was your 'very large cross-stitch? I've been working on 'Celtic
Christmas' for nearly ten years. The stitching is all done except for
the gold metallic and then I have to add the beads. The great irony is
that it only took me three weeks to work exactly half of the lady,
including the border and her head and hands over one. The remainder (ie
the easy bit) has taken - rather longer...

One day she will be finished and will hang over my bed. One day.

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia