Old September 2nd 11, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steph

Default Needing some tips about Dear Jane

Hi Trish,

Oh - I'm far from finished I have about 90 blocks done and 4
triangles. The hand sewing is slow-going but I really enjoy it. I
work on it at home, but I also make up baggies (with cut fabric and a
picture of the finished block) and sew when I'm traveling or at doc
appointments, etc. I once worked on a very large cross-stitch that
took me 10 years to finish. It was worth the wait - it's lovely and
framed and hanging in my bedroom. I think that this is another
project of love like that one!

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!!

Stephanie

G'day Stephanie!

I've found that a charm pack containing two of each print seems to be
enough for some blocks. Not others, though. I'm so in love with the
1930s prints, especially the greens. The Jane A. Stickle blocks seem to
show them off to perfection, I think. Thanks for the suggestion of the
djretreates group: I'll be sure and look in.

Have you finished your quilt, or are you still toiling away at it???

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia