Old April 16th 04, 06:04 AM
Black Cat Beads

I HATE new scanner software! I wish you could just buy one and stick with
it... BUT NOOOOOOOOOO they are all proprietary to the unit! ARGH!!! I feel
your pain!

Nicole
**********************************
http://www.blackcatbeads.com
http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackcatbeads
**********************************
ICQ# 78285557
Yahoo IM: blackcatbeads

"Mj" wrote in message
Yes, and though I think of myself as able to intuit what to do within most
software, the program that came with the scanner is NOT easy for me to
figure out. Plus, I'm used to scanning directly into PSP, but with the HP

can only do one scan at a time that way. In other words, I have to go to
the menu, choose import, choose TWAIN and then preview and THEN finally

scan
for each item. And I only have a few variables I can set doing it this

way.
Otherwise I have to work from their 'control panel' which saves the scans

a separate file folder, which forces me to open individual scans later in
PSP. My old scanner allowed me to set up the whole scanner bed with beads
and then I could scan individual 'jobs' directly into PSP. At least that
way I could lay out 6-8 strands of beads and scan them in about 5 minutes
and then go to PSP to refine, color correct and crop the scans.
Unfortunately my old scanner has developed a red shift that has gotten
impossible to filter out or I'd still be using it.

Thanks anyway!

Mj

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Mj"
:

have you played with the control panel?????