Old May 2nd 05, 03:38 AM
Craftkitten (Darlene)

On Sun, 1 May 2005 17:00:18 -0400, "norma woods"
wrote:

Well, if you remember I was trying to make a pair of double knit mitts. The
pattern called for us#6's and 48 stitches increasing up to 76. I started out
with needles 2 sizes smaller and ended up with a baseball mitt. So I ripped
it out and went down to 3 mm. It was still huge. So.... now I've dropped
down to 40 stitches increasing to 68. I've never tried to change a pattern
before and I had to rip back the thumb and make it smaller by 4 stitches but
it came out ok. Now I'm on the hand. I know I'll succeed with this mitt, my
only concern now is - will I ever make it's mate! and even more important
will it match! LOL

Norma

Hope the second mitt turns out well and is a mate to the first one.

Darlene in Toronto