Old December 26th 03, 05:06 PM
Shelly

Default Moving to AZ

Well, I turned in my notice at work last week and we will be heading toward
AZ sometime Tuesday. I have to work my last three 12 hr shifts Sat, Sun, and
Mon. nights and I will be finished working for a while. I really hate
leaving this job. It has turned out to be one of the best jobs I've ever
had. The women I worked with here were some of the best. They have planned a
going away party for me at work for Saturday night. ;o) I thought that was
very sweet of them. I've never had anyone to give me a party before! I am
sure going to miss my co-workers and all of my residents. I was assured that
I could always come back to my job that I'm leaving with open arms. That
made me feel wonderful! ;o)

I was planning on waiting another couple of months to make the move but got
to thinking that dh would have to miss another week or more of work to come
back and make the move and just decided that I'd go on and just do it and
get it over with. I didn't realize just how many friends that I'd made at
work in the three short months that I've been there until I turned in my
notice.

I had promised two of the residents some fried apple pies and pecan pie. I
got up very early the last work day of my rotation and made the pies and
took them to both the ladies Christmas Eve as I promised. They were more
than happy to get them. Both of the little ladies were big bakers before
they entered the nursing home and loved their gifts. One of these little
ladies sat there the other night and gave me recipe after recipe, off the
top of her head, for candies that she used to love to make. That was
amazing! She gave me specific amounts and told me exactly how to make the
candies. I think she gave me 5 different candy recipes. This lady was also a
nurse!

I have quite a bit to pack today and get ready for the move. Today is my
last day of my 2 days I have off before the move, so I have to get busy and
get most everything done today. I'll be working and sleeping for the next
three days before the move. I won't be back on the newsgroup again before
late next week at the soonest. Take care and I hope you all had a great
holiday yesterday!
Shelly

---