Old February 18th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Gutermann thread

grammykathy wrote:
Could someone tell me what this is for!!! I got a box of different
colors as a gift and they are still in their little box. Can this be
used for quilt pieceing and quilting or what. Ya, can you tell I am
still new at this.

GrammyKathy

It depends what type of Gutterman it is... If it's their All Purpose
Sewing Thread, then yes, though it IS polyester and I'm not keen on it
for piecing (that's just personal choice). If it's their cotton thread,
use it for either piecing or quilting. They also do silk thread, which
I use mostly in silk garment construction, a waxed cotton hand quilting
thread, embroidery thread, Topstitching thread (which is thicker) and
serger threads... Take a look at your reels: the different types of
thread are on different coloured reels, and are also labelled on the ends.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!