Old July 12th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default Toy Time

What's the baking temp?

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Dicon wrote:
At a local Charity shop, ( Thrift Shop ) I found a large red plastic "Ready
Steady Cook" Childs toy oven. It gives instructions how to make small cakes
( cup cakes ) using the rather toy looking red plastic oven instructions. I
bought it four pounds. Which is VERY cheap. It works very well so far, as I
am only interested in small objects for jewellery.
It runs off a twelve volts giant transformer and the main heat source is a
small car headlight. Apart from the lighting up the oven and the room , it
turns into a RED glowing object de arty thing, very art gallery
instillation.
But.
IT WORKS!!
Yay.
ahem
It looks so weird lit up I may send a picture.
And as soon as I finish some commissions, I will try again to get some
jewellery out that is not liable to snap on the slightest accidental bump.