Old January 29th 17, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

Default Sailboat Quilt and More

On 01/28/2017 10:06 AM, wrote:
Just finished a sailboat quilt for a boys bed. Think the pattern came from McCall's quilting. It had 4-half squares for the sails. A rectangle with another 2 half squares on each end for the boat.

Is it perhaps this pattern:
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/blogs...tarring-ships/,
which, except for the "central" ship having 6 sails, looks very much
like what you describe, and looks like the size would be for a child's bed.
Let me know what you "all" are working on.

I am working on repairing the quilt that I have talked about on this
group. It is taking me longer than it should, because the way I sew is
to put a block onto the quilt, let it sit for a few days to a week, then
sew on another block on. I might finish it before the quilt ages
another 50 years.

I bought a new phone a few weeks ago, and since I made a quilted case
for my 2 smartphones before this, and my kindle, I probably should make
a case for my new phone. I use a pattern that I found on youtube for my
cases, and put it in a spreadsheet so I can customize it for various
sizes.

The first smartphone I had was 4"(10cm) by 2"(5cm), a really small
smartphone, and I even saw an article that said that the model I had was
not really a smartphone, and I think this article called it a
"dumbphone" which is about the smallest phone this particular patten can
be used on. The fabric I used was blue denim.

My next smartphone was 4.5" (11cm) by 2.5" (6cm). I used some
patchwork-pieced fabric for this one.

My currrent smartphone is 5.5" (14cm) by 3" (7.5cm), a size that is big
enough to comfortably web pages. I am not sure, but I think I will use
the patchwork-pieced fabric for this one as well.

My kindle is 7.5" (18cm) by 4.5" (11cm), which I now do most of my
reading on.. I used the blue denim on this one as well, and it is
decorated with my pin for donating 5 gallons of blood to the Red Cross,
and according to the records available at the Red Cross site, I think I
am rapidly approaching 10 gallons if I have not passed that.

After I finished typing the above, I decided to try to find the pattern
I used for the phone/kindle cases. The pattern I use is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axqDa__c9Zg.
--
Brian Christiansen