Old February 20th 17, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
D J

Default cross stitch lovers: to grid or not to grid?

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 4:34:15 PM UTC-5, Violet Stitches wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, Dawn. I'm sure I'll be able to find some business in town that will have a printer on which I can enlarge patterns. Maybe even Staples or someplace like that.

I normally go with 28ct too...after this ordeal I think I'm going to give up 32ct in the future. It's not worth it if stitching is an exercise in frustration. I love the look of projects done on high count fabrics, but my 43 year old eyes are in the throes of middle age changes, and I don't think it's for me anymore.

You bring up something I've been working on for a long time; giving up perfection in my stitching! I've been challenging myself for a few years to leave in some of my errors if they aren't too obvious (this usually entails putting the project down and looking at it with fresh eyes later). The spacing of that snowflake mistake was too obvious to my tastes, but I have to admit, I'm not sure anyone else would have pointed to it and screamed, "error!"

Just because you're off a stitch or two doesn't mean it's an error.
This sampler looks to be quite large, with nice large letters. Maybe that snowflake would look better if it had more room. Maybe you could totally make this piece your own. Enlarge it and frame it in little snowflakes!!!
Relax, look at the picture and let your creativity flow...with the snow. LOL

Dawn