Old February 14th 17, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default New pics

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 3:08:30 PM UTC-6, Joan Erickson wrote:

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but there are really very few that enter in
our county fair. My only real competition is a coworker.

If our standards were high, there'd be even fewer pieces entered. LOL!
If it's framed, how do they see the back? And why are they judging the
back, anyway? It's not a juried contest, is it?

I'd say, go for it!!! You'll never know until you try.

And thanks for the accolades! They're *always* welcome!

--
Joan

I don't even know how the contest is judged. I just remember looking at the requirements a few years back and they said the back had to be view-able....and it basically had to look as good as the front. As someone with disabled hands, I try to make the backs look decent but this is NOT something I worry about a whole lot.

However, I went to the fair last year and there were ZERO needlework entries, so I wonder if perhaps their high standards made it not worth it to contestants. I might check it out again and reconsider, though truthfully, winning the "grand prize" ribbon if I'm the only contestant seems rather weird.

I saw both the pink and the purple hardanger you did and am just taken with them. I think that heart has to be one of the most pleasing stitching designs I've ever seen. Your stitches were flawless...my attempts are hardanger looked nothing like what you did. Those should be family heirlooms for sure...you've done some really beautiful work with those. I hope your daughter cherishes your stitching!