Old February 23rd 13, 10:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Junob @teranews.com

Default Directions to finish 60 year old rug

On 2/23/2013 1:12 PM, BEI Design wrote:
In ,
typed:
I have a partial rug that was being made about 60 years
ago by my great aunt.
She died before finishing it.
She used the handle of a toothbrush to “sew” the strips
of fabric together. (She treaded the fabric strips
through the hole of the toothbrush). The rug appears to
be oval in shape. My Mama and I have unravelled a portion
but can not figure it out. It is not crochet) If anyone
knows how to make this rug please let me know. Thanks

Maybe:
http://ragrugcafe.com/toothbrush-rug...rt-1-beginners

HTH

Beverly, Those are great instructions. I don't know if at this stage
of life, I'll start one but I love the idea. They would make great hot
pads though, if you think on a small scale.
Right now I'll stick with doll clothes and some things for me.
Juno