Old April 28th 04, 01:43 AM
Kathy in CA

I too cant figure out why speed is so important. I NEVER sew at top speed on
my SM. That would cause me to make too many mistakes.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

"IMS" wrote in message
Just out of curiosity, why is the speed important to you? -Irene

On 27 Apr 2004 13:00:13 -0700, (Beth Pierce) wrote:

I am getting involved in quilting classes at my local quilting store
and am considering a lightweight machine to take to and from class.
I've been looking at the new featherweights, and see that they are 10
lbs., which is a "workable" weight. The question I have is, does
anyone know how many stitches per minute the machine does?

Also, if you have an older featherweight, 1950's type model, would you
happen to know the stitches per minute for that one? I am basing my
purchase on how fast the machines are. I could take my old Touch and
Sew, but that one's a little heavy.

Thanks for your help!

Adult: A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in
the middle.