Old July 3rd 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Moth help!

Naphtaline is a Poison that accumulates in your body ,, it does smell
bad anf harms you ,,,
mirjam
mirjam

crikey, that's awful!! I'd be using napthalene- smelly and toxic but it
does work... and the smell does air out. If you can't/won't use napthalene,
cedar might work. I have read that all the herbal things like lavender only
mask the smell of the fibre, they don't actually repel moths, just hide your
wool from their little mothy noses. Cedar may be an exception to this.

Oh, and light, moths hate light. So store your most precious things out of
the darkness.

Taueret

--
NSW, Australia
http://taueret.typepad.com

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message

Does anyone know of any home moth-proofing system?