View Single Post
Old March 1st 17, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Al Navas
external usenet poster

Default Mega quilter problems

Donna,

I have pretty much switched to Superior Threads, as they are strong, and wonderful for quilting. I always recommend you look at their Thread Chart, and select from it:

https://vw-superiorthreads.storage.g...tion-guide.pdf

King Tut, Fantastico, and So Fine! have all done extremely well, and have performed best, with very little lint.

When using a new bobbin I always adjust the tension - every time! And I check that the tension is balanced between the topstitch and bobbin. If threads are shredding, it could be the result of several things, such as a rough spot along the thread feed areas. Or it could be caused by "skipped stitches".

Polyester is what I now use for most quilting, both topstitch and bobbin.

Al

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 9:53:25 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 9:41:20 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello Dora,
Take your machine in to an authorized dealer and get it serviced. My machine is touchy and have to use the same thread on top as in the bobbin. There is also a place on most bobbins that you can adjust the tension too.
Sandy$

I Have a mega quuilter and I am having the same problems. What thread to you recommend. Also it was mentioned in an earlier about shredding the thread. What causes that. I want to have fun and feel I am reinventing the machine everytime I load something. I try a scrap quilt adjust Think OK good then load a small quilt and all the same troubles again even just putting in a new bobbin. HELP

Ads