Old September 13th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Default Felting

A while back I asked about some Classic Elite felted merino I had
gotten at a salvage center. I asked what was up with the felted
aspect. Does this mean the wool was felted before spinning?. Does
this mean the yarn might resist fulling? I know, do a swatch...but
really, I got a load of this stuff for next to nothing, and I don't
know what to do with it.

Hesira
dredging up old news

Wooly wrote:

Felting is what one does with unspun wool.

Wauking is what one does with woven woolens.

Fulling is for knitted wool goods.

I'm sure somebody will correct me, too

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...