Old December 4th 05, 10:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default on topic for once: bernina stitch regulator

I don't think many of us have room for a big quilting machine. I have sewn
on the Bernina several times, and love it. As soon as DH and I start on
updating our house (new floors, new bathtubs/showers, etc) the machine will
be included in the expense costs. Three of the ladies in my guild have the
new Bernina, and they love it. I do lots of things better after wine VBG

Sherry Starr

"DrQuilter" wrote in message
I stopped at the Viking area at my JoAnn's yesterday (the lovely ladies
remembered Sofia even if they hadn't seen her for a while, name and all, of
course she was wearing another hand knit sweater I made for her and they
had commented about the previous one so that helped). Back on topic: I
asked if Viking was planning on coming up with something similar to the
Bernina stitch regulator in the near future. They said the bernina foot was
not fine tuned yet, basically not ready for prime time, and that it
doesn't compare to what you get with a big quilting machine. They also said
that I should be able to do FMQ just as well with any machine after some
music and a glass of wine... what do you guys think? Obviously they didn't
want to lose a client to the competition but is there some truth to this?
--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)