Old August 17th 05, 04:44 PM
KCat

well, I can see a week or even a little longer. And as I said, it's no big
deal to me, I was just curious if they were being conservative on their ETA
but it sounds like some orders take longer. Perhaps it has to do with how
much they actually keep in stock (overhead being one of those things on-line
sellers try to avoid.)

we, my hubby and I, are never on "back order" but some of our distributors
wait until they've received a number of units to order before they contact
us. So now and then we get angry emails to us directly "why aren't you able
to keep up with demand" - We have asked people to notify us when a
distributor claims to be on backorder because the distributor doesn't notify
us.

Anything is possible in on-line service. And considering their prices seemed
a bit better than some others, i don't mind the wait. I need to practice a
bit anyway before I jump into this big project I'm planning.

--

KCat

For Pen Talk, Images, Trading and Reviews: The Fountain Pen Network
http://pagesperso.laposte.net/fpnet

For Lupus Support and Info
http://www.ghg.net/schwerpt/ASLFAQ/

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
Interesting . . . I just placed an order with them and I had it within
a week!
Dianne

fran wrote:

They are slow but reliable.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:44:12 GMT, "KCat" wrote:

I opted to order a variety of metallics and some odds and ends from them
since they seemed to have such an extensive collection and decent

prices.

The shipping date they quoted seemed at the long end of the scale... are
they just being conservative or do shipments from there tend to take a
while?

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com